Achieving Gold: Rights Respecting
Ayresome Primary has explicitly adopted a child rights approach based on the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child and we have embedded it in school policy, practice and culture.
The children, adults and wider school community have a thorough understanding of child rights, and rights respecting attitudes and language are embedded across our school. Click on the tile above to meet our Steering Group for 2018-2019.
We support the award because we strongly believe that RRSA has had a positive impact on children and young people’s learning and well-being.
Steering Group 2018-2019
* We lead our Steering Group.
* We help other children and adults in our school learn about rights.
* We advise the Governors and Local Authority about rights.
* We lead assemblies on rights.
* We monitor and support class charters.
* We plan focus days and events.
* We support in creating whole school displays and monitor them.
* We provide information for the wider school community by writing information for the school website, app, Twitter and the newsletter.
* We use rights respecting language in the classroom and on the playground.
* We make decisions to make life better for other children in our school.
* We work closely alongside our School Parliament.
* We are ambassadors for the rights of others.
* We visit other schools to share the RRSA message.